Friday, August 13, 2010

A lot of stick figures stick figuring

My dear old ma asked me once to draw as many stick figures fighting, decapitating, stabbing, shooting, exploding, jet-packing, hand-grenading, and just generally acting like your run-of-the-mill stick figures as I could on a 1' x 1' piece of lacquered wood. So naturally I said "heck yes, when do I start?" She didn't respond. All she did was hand me a piece of 1' x 1' lacquered wood and one of those fine point Sharpies I so love. So I got to work and after several hand-paining hours this was born:
I think this might be kinda blurry, but I don't know what a camera is.
The same thing only slightly closer and at an angle, as well as in the sun kind of but also a bit of a shadow:
Is this one blurry too? Damnation.
This is the one that's in the sun kind of but also in a bit of a shadow.
There are some heads floating around on this if you look hella closely and don't squint, but for every head there is a headless body acting thoroughly confused. The same goes for every rogue arm, leg, and RC plane equipped with lasers floating around. After all, you can't fly an RC plane equipped with lasers without a stereotypical bespectacled nerdy nerf-herder holding an over-sized remote control! True story, look hella closely and don't squint!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing. This would be a good fabric print for Etsy or maybe as wallpaper for a (cool) kid's room?

    ReplyDelete