Friday, August 13, 2010

Anti-Zombie Armor Part 1

Having too much extra spare free time on my hands, I decided to pass it all by strategizing (really? Strategizing isn't a real word?) out a plan of action for when most likely eventual zombie apocalypse occurs. It began with concepts involving a shotgun filled nautical escape (thanks to my ridiculously well-equipped good friend) and a large amount of tasty tasty canned beans and Swedish Fish (because without Swedish Fish, what's worth living for?). Then the concepts graduated from their conceptual college and moved on into the real world the moment I realized you could buy stuff off Ebay, not just adjust the price setting to Highest-Lowest and giggle at the crazy listings from crazy people. I mean, an LCD Jumbotron for $50k? A single dusty video game cartridge for a quarter of a million dollars? The Shroud of Turin for a few million?!  Sorry, I digress.

Anyways, I decided to begin purchasing different pieces of Anti-Zombie "armor" (AKA AZA) from various colorful Ebay sellers, and it came together as something like this:
This is me modeling the AZA on the floor, minus me.
The real steal was the riot helmet. Or maybe it was an anti-riot helmet...Whatever, it cost me $15 and feels as safe as at least a $16 piece of head equipment!
I'm slightly scared to wonder where those visor scratches came from...
And I decided to affix a baseball bat holster to the rear of those definitely-are-not-youth-football-shoulder-pads shoulder pads for those times when you wanna machete some undead limbs off instead of baseball batting some zombified skulls.
WARNING: This device is pretty tight.
One 2" ABS coupling, one 2" ABS female adapter, two 4" zip ties and a metric ass-ton of ABS glue later and it's affixed!

Now all I have to do is wait patiently, fully AZA'd out. In my living room. Playing Zombie Apocalypse. Listening to the 28 Days Later soundtrack. And eating Swedish Fish.

Next time: pictures of me modeling said AZA on the floor. Only instead of "minus me", it'll be the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment