Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Some Words Which May or May Not Rhyme Part 2: Ophelia

 (Part one is over here)
An unspecified amount of time ago in the early spring of 2007, I had a senior year school assignment which consisted of me creating some sort of art piece regarding Hamlet and all his crazy Shakespearean eccentricities (oh em gee, seriously, soliloquies are soooooo turn of the 17th century). We went to an art school where art was incorporated into everything, from Spanish class to Science class to Art class, and poetry was considered the "cool" thing to do. In all honesty, our school was so full of art nerds and so not full of anti-art non-nerds that poetry was actually cool, when compared to drama drama and "Impressionistic" self portraits. Needless to say, I fit right in. And without further much ado about nothing, here is Ophelia: The Untold Story.
Yes, that says "GLOBE", not "GOBE" or "GOB", as much as I wanted to write a ballad about Arrested Development.
I love how many apostrophes I got to use in the making of this poem. ''''''''''''''''''
Yes, I initially wrote "HAVOK", because video games and video game related subjects are constantly floating about my head.
Really? "T'would 'pear"?
Pretty much Ophelia's a badass who masterminded everything important that happened in Hamlet, save for the old king's ghost bumping around in the night and the constant lover's quarrel and incessant flirtatious bickering between Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. Which, in retrospect, the latter would have made for some much needed comic relief. Oh well, maybe next time I decide to write a five page ballad about a boring old not-comedy by Shakespeare (or as I like to call him, Shakeshaft *snicker snicker*).

No comments:

Post a Comment